Hi everybody! Quick update today to let you all know that my game, Children of Liberty, is currently in IndieDB's 2011 Indie of the Year Awards competition. You'd be doing me and my team a huge favor by just going to this link and clicking on Vote For This Game. We've been busting our asses on it all year and, interestingly, every time we post an update to IndieDB, it gets into the Top 50 games for a couple days, so it's definitely popular.
Need proof? Here are some stats. Bitches love stats.
Total Alpha Plays Since Alpha Launch on September 5: 904
Total Site Views Since Alpha Launch: 1,107
Total Views on IndieDB To Date: 4,235
Total Views on Youtube Channel: 4,408
Not bad for a game that's only been in free alpha for a couple months, eh? Over nine hundred plays! By casting your vote for Children of Liberty, you would be helping us:
- Increase our total playcount, bug reports, and hopefully sales.
- Garner further recognition among the ModDB/IndieDB/Desura Community
- Get our name out to media outlets like Kotaku, Joystiq, Rock Paper Shotgun, and whoever else is actually going to be paying attention to the contest.
- Offer incentive for inclusion in indie bundles such as Indie Royale and The Humble Indie Bundle (if a Linux release ever happens).
- Become a recognizable name for attendees at conventions such as PAX East 2012.
- Make us look really good for when we are ready to approach publishers.
If you haven't tried the game out yet, you can play it for free right now. I completely understand if you'd rather play it first before deciding whether or not to click the Vote button. But remember that if you DO vote, I will love you long time.